VPI CELEBRATES 40 YEARS WITH HW-40 LIMITED EDITION DIRECT DRIVE TURNTABLE
The HW-40 direct drive turntable from the Cliffwood, New Jersey family firm VPI Industries has been built to mark brand’s 40th anniversary.
With a limited edition production of only 400 turntables, VPI's HW-40 pays tribute to 40 years of engineering and technology.
As you can see from the images, the HW-40 is a tasteful combination of aluminium, stained solid black walnut wood, and the new Fat Boy 3D printed tonearm. Naturally, the turntable's main feature is an updated and upgraded version of VPI's award-winning direct drive motor.
As well as the JMW-12 Fatboy Gimbal gifted with Nordost Reference wire, you also get the new VTA Base on the Fly and a dust cover.
VPI Industries HW-40 specs at a glance
- Chassis Composition: Aluminum and Solid Black Walnut (Stained)
- Platter Type and Size: 12-inch Aluminum Platter, 25LBS
- Tonearm Included: JMW-12- Fatboy Gimbal
- Motor Type: Direct Drive
- Motor Torque: 2.68 Nm/sec
- Star/Stop Time: 1 Second
- Speed Monitoring: 2,500 pulses/revolution
- Footprint (inches): 21¾ x 16 ¾
- Overall Size (inches): 22 x 17 x 10
- Total Weight: TBC
The VPI HW-40 will sell in Australia for $24,495 RRP.
For more information visit VPI Industries.